Taylorcraft Daze

The history, diary, thoughts, and opinions of an Iowa Taylocraft pilot. The postings will be heavy in the areas of flying Taylorcraft Aircraft, Formation Flying, Flights throughout the Great United States, and other flying activities.

Saturday, December 31, 2005

"BECAUSE I FLY"

Because I Fly
I Laugh More Than Other Men.
I Look Up.
And See More Than They.

I Know How Clouds Feel.
What It’s Like to Have Blue In My Lap.
To Look Down On Birds
To Feel Freedom In A Thing Called The Stick

Who But I
Can Slice Between GOD’S Billow-Legs
And Feel Them Laugh and Crash With His Step?

Who Else Has Seen The Unclimbed Peaks?
The Real Reason Birds Sing?
Because I FlyI Envy No Man On Earth.

(Certainly applies to Taylorcraft Pilots)

1 Comments:

At Fri May 25, 08:29:00 AM 2012, Blogger Ezequiel Mesquita said...

Very nice description of the feelings we have flying. Regards from a fellow (ex) Luscombe pilot, looking for a classic again.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home